Thursday 30 July 2015

Again, Demolition Hits Nyanya Market


 
demolition_51

For the first time, the popular Nyanya Market, along the Nyanya-Keffi Road, which holds every Wednesday, could not hold yesterday, after it was cordoned off by armed security officials who were overseeing the demolition of illegal shops and attachments.
Traders and buyers who come to the market every Wednesday from far and near were thrown into confusion following the operation, claiming they were not aware of the development till they arrived the market yesterday.
Many of the traders were seen going back home with their goods as they could not find a place from where to sell their goods.
A trader, Mrs Ada Obinna, disclosed to FCT Watch that said she couldn’t even afford to pay her fare back home to Enugu, because she made no sale for the day.
“I come to Nyanya Market every Wednesday from Enugu. I sell food stuff; fufu, vegetables, cocoyam, palm oil, snail and other local spices. After market every Wednesday, I join the night buses and return to Enugu, but, today, since I came, I have not been able to display my goods. As u can see, they are still inside the bag. I don’t know how I am going to go back home today because I don’t have any money. I have not sold anything,” she said, close to tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment