Monday 27 April 2015

Let Go of the Ashes

by Joel Osteen

Friday, April 24, 2015
comments: 87
In the scripture, Job went through a nine-month period where everything that could go wrong did. He lost his health, his business and his family. At one point it says, "He sat down among the ashes." He was so overwhelmed and so distraught that he thought, "This is it. I'll never be happy again."
When you go through a loss or a disappointment, there is nothing more that the enemy would love to see than for you to sit down among the ashes, get bitter, hold on to something that is dead, and lose your enthusiasm for life. That's what Job did for a period of time; he sat down. But here's the key: Job didn't stay down. He got his fire back, got his passion back. He rose up out of those ashes! He said, "This may be difficult, but I know my Redeemer lives! I know my God is still on the throne. I know I...
Read More 

No comments:

Post a Comment