Sunday 3 May 2015

How to Warm Up Your Singing Voice with Humming

Learn how to warm up your voice by humming from vocal coach Cari Cole in this Howcast
Hi I’m Cari Cole. I’m a celebrity vocal coach and artist development expert. And I help artist find their voice, craft their music, and create successful music careers. I’ve worked with Donald Fagen from Steely Dan, Courtney Love from Hole, I’ve worked with the band Journey. I’m going to teach you how to be a better singer and performer
So humming is another way to warm up quickly. It isn’t something that we use a lot. We tend to use it with people that have a lot of strain or stress in their voice because it’s a lighter mechanism. But it’s an easy quick way to warm up and here’s a little insider tip, if you’re at a club and you forgot to warm up the best thing to do is to hum along with the music that’s playing and that is a great way to actually warm up your voice. But here’s a quick little humming warm-up that I use in my studio. So we sing [hums]. And I’m kind of adding a little [hums] to it. There’s a little "h" there, so there’s a little breath release. [hums a scale] Nice and light [hums] Keep it light [hums].
So that’s a great little exercise to warm up quickly. And you can do it without a piano if you learn that little scale, just learn it A capella, you can do it any time, anywhere.

Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment